Saturday, October 28, 2023

my translation or rewrite of Vietnamese poetry

 

THU Autumn and yellow flowers...the four seasons
BON MUA (nhan doc cau tho cua chi Hoai Niem ve hoa vang duoi nang thu)
"những ṇụ hoa vàng dưới nắng thu,"
trước khi đông đến toả sương mù,
rồi xuân trở lại, mừng năm mới,
ao ước chi xuân, chẳng đợi chờ
Năm trước hoa kia có đón mời,
vàng thu vẫn thế, vẫn mình tôi
và đông vẫn đến, trong mưa tuyết ..,
một khoảng thời gian, một tuổi đời..."
And here is my 5 minutes' translation (rewriting these verses into English)
a few yellow flowers under autumn sun
before winter comes with its coat of fog
then spring will arrive to mark a brand new year
hopeless wishes for springtime, do I care to fear?
Looking back at yellow autumn last year, those yellow flowers of the last season
golden bright as they were, they have not changed my solitude
And yes, memory of last winter, all such sparkling white snow
a gap of time?
one more year has just passed me by
DNN Oct 2016

REWRITE

THOSE YELLOW FLOWERS UNDER AUTUMN SUN
A few yellow flowers under autumn sun
before winter comes with its coat of fog
Then spring will arrive to mark a brand-new year
hopeless wishes for springtime, do I care to fear?
Looking back at those yellow flowers of the last season:
Bright as they were, they haven't warmed my reflection
All such sparkling gold hasn't filled the gap of time,
Yet, one more year has just passed me by

nnd (c)Oct. 2023
artwork: the digital pix i took of the carolina jasmine next to my iron fence...my home in texas
No photo description available.
All reactions:
MinhNgoc Nguyen

0 comments


No comments:

Post a Comment