Saturday, October 21, 2023

MASKS, ABSTRACT AND POLLOCK

 

THE VISUAL ART AND RANDOMNESS: thanks anh Khanh Vu for the lead re Pollock and Guggenheim, link below. I have never seen the masterpiece by Pollock until now, had anh Khanh Vu not sent it to me.
I include my abstract, "Masks," created with enamels and inks and digital inversion, which i did in 2010 or so. My "Masks" was the result of left-over colors I smeared onto a surface. Then I tried to decipher what the inherent images created at random could be: masks and people! I then digitally inverted the finished surface. I had never seen Pollock when I created "Masks", at random. Without seeing Pollock, he could not have influenced me in the least.
This is to show that the famous never met the unknown, but they may coincide in life's randomness. Mine can be owned at $150 plus costs of production onto canvas today, for the benefit of my GO Foundation -- the same as the monthly wage that Pollock received from Guggenheim in 1943.
I am worried that bad people take my digital surfaces and produce them.
All reactions:
Ha Chu and 1 other
5
On this day

No comments:

Post a Comment