Monday, January 17, 2022

GIÓ -- THE ENGLISH VERSION

 I wrote creatively mostly for myself. I find the whole process of seeking literary agents and publishers to be a hassle that hampers the creative process.  Thank God I am a lawyer and don't have to write for a living, fame or fortune...



GIÓ

 OH MY WIND,

FROM TEMPEST TO TEMPEST

 

Gió thổi rừng thu qua rừng đông

Tôi nghe từng giọt nhỏ trong lòng

Sương chiều biến dạng thành câu hát

Tôi khép mình lên những nhánh thông

            From the forest of leaves to a sea of snow – Autumn to Winter

            Tempest my Wind traverses

            from dewdrops to notes on the staff, escape or encounter

            My Beethoven converses

            

            And I, nestling  against branches of pine,

            risking all to embrace you, the least of mine

 Gió thổi trên thông, như thở than

Tôi nhìn ra gió ngự trên ngàn

Dêm về gió rít triền miên hận

Uất nghẹn là dao, cắt tiếng đàn

            Breathe over those pines, Tempest my Wind, and lament to me

            I recognize you, mountain-reign and freedom-flee

            But at night, teeth-grinding and soul-bearing grudge

            Oh my Wind, you become a butcher’s knife, and chop my piano shut

 Gió thổi từ trên hoà xuống dưới

Tôi tìm thượng đế ngự trong em

Gió không là xích, hay cai ngục

Em vẽ dùm tôi một đức tin

             Keep on blowing, my Wind, from above-Heaven and below-Hell

            Where’s our creator, except in you, Tempest, my Shakespeare will tell

            But you‘re no shackle, nor prison guard of late

            So paint for me, with your head and toe, a God-given faith 

Gió thổi từ Nam ra ải Bắc

Đuổi theo vó ngựa cuả chinh phu

Em đứng bên song, đừng khóc nhé

Khi gió mang về khúc viễn du

             Keep exhaling, from peninsula’s South to borders’ North

            In your last travel, chase after the warrior’s horse

            His widow’s leaning upon her window frame, no tears please

            when you, my Wind, return to deliver the final freeze

Gió thổi bên này, bên đó se

Lạnh như mưa bão giữa trưa hè

Bên ngoài ướt sũng thân co lại

Bên trong hừng hực khói u mê 

            Wheeze on, my Wind, from this side of heat to the other cold

            Trembling tropical rain in summer mid-day, burned with fire told

            Outward: dripping-blood frost, the body shrinks

            Inward: charcoaled feverish smoke, the soul blinks  

Tôi sẽ van xin cùng với gió

Đừng đa mang nữa, nợ trầm kha

Chuyển làm chi nếu mây hờ hững

Vứt bỏ oan khiên, trở lại nhà

             I will have to beg, my Wind, to drop it all, such sinking debt

            Not your job to move, if floating clouds don’t fret

            Go back home to find poetic justice

            Be it yours, life’s only apprentice

Gió trốn về đây, trong mắt em

Hình như gió vẫn khắt khe tìm

Xin em nhắm mắt và an nghỉ

Để gió tan đi...mộng hão huyền

            You can seek refuge now in the Lady’s ebony eyes

            Sternly searching still, Tempest to Tempest you fool, oh the sun still shines

            upon you, so in peace close the black velvet curtain,  

            let the last gleam die out, life vanishes, and stage’s certain          

 

Dnn © Dec.28,2021-Jan 17, 2022

 

No comments:

Post a Comment