Wednesday, February 6, 2019

vietnamese poetry

I have decided not to make Vietnamese poetry any more, although that is often spontaneous and can't be planned.  If I don't paint quickie L'Art Brut any more, then I should not spend the time on Vietnamese poetry.  The time must be spent on, inter alia, publishing my Vietnamese poetry in memory and honor of my late mother, who taught and exposed me to Vietnamese poetry while I was a toddler. She was the link between me and the community of first generation Vietnamese in the U.S. and worldwide, and I bent backward to hold on to the beauty of such culture.  The publication of my poetry in Vietnamese  should be made  while my father is still with us.   So whatever I may post online will be my Vietnamese (and English) poetry made prior to Feb. 6, 2019.

Here is the remnant left of my Vietnamese poetry made yesterday Feb. 6 2019, again, spontaneous (these frames and verses are about a Vietnamese woman dazed in the woods, as the season changed from autumn to winter, a parody of Robert Frost's Road Less Travelled): "Two roads diverged in the woods, and I, I took the one less travelled by, and that has made all the difference."










No comments:

Post a Comment