Saturday, July 27, 2019

practice tape for Voi Que Sapete -- vulnerable, amateur vietnamese chirubino!

I found my practice tape for Mozart's Voi Que Sapete the day before my stage recital.  The rhythm is slower, less rushed, and my Italian is a little better. My pianist forgot to put in the counterpoints in the middle part because it was practice so he made it easier for himself.  Courtesy of chi NMN (my pix were basically from my early 30s to 50s; the piano shot in the pink dress was from my 20s; compare it against my 50s at the end of the tape!).  Again, i don't consider myself a trained vocalist.  and I still dislike my "e" in my Italian; in many places, it needs to be purer, no diphthong, just the sound "Ê."  For a practice, perhaps this is the most vulnerable Chirubino in the making, an amateur Vietnamese Chirubino in "her" 50s!  For FB friends only:


No comments:

Post a Comment