Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Is she Vietnamese? This Paris-based opera singer, Ms. Le Van (now in the U.S.)


Please check her out:  

http://www.solenelevan.net/newspage

http://www.solenelevan.net/newspage

 I have listened to her sing.  She is the real thing. Operatic.  I can't say with conviction whether she sang her heart out, with soulful expression that touches people or that people understand her art, but she expressed the music, the text and the role -- what an opera singer should do in the repertoire.   AND, SHE DOES NOT NEED A MICROPHONE!  HER TRAINED VOICE, VERY PROPERLY USED, ROSE ABOVE THE ORCHESTRA. 

This is legitimately an opera singer. She appeared in roles with opera companies and on recital/operatic stage. 

In my work, life, and travels, I have met and listened to many real Vietnam-born classical and opera singers, including counter-tenors and dramatic sopranos.  Or, they are of Vietnamese descent either by their father or mother.  I have also known of Vietnam-born ballet dancers and modern dancers (members of the American Dance Company).  

While practicing law full time with major law firms, billing 2200 hours a years, and as a prosecutor for the U.S. government, I myself took up ballet, classical singing, musical theater,  operatic voice training, and appeared in American productions as a young adult, within 5 years after the fall of Saigon and going forward until age 42 (1999).  I just never had enough time to practice except when I auditioned or was cast.  In those incidents, I took leaves of absence without pay from work to do the art. 

Naturally I remain an amateur who only did what I could or enjoyed.  But, I can recognize performing art professionals when I see and watch them.  I can assess because I absorbed knowledge and learning from the places where I have been, no matter how short and often under great challenges because a person only has 24 hours a day and can only do so much. 

I become a better person.     


No comments:

Post a Comment