Monday, January 21, 2019

FINALLY...WOMAN OF COLOR RUNNING FOR THE HIGHEST OFFICE OF THE LAND

I first met Kamala Harris in San Jose, at a bar conference.
I watched her during the Senate's U.S. Supreme Court controversial nomination hearing this past year, 2018. 
Based on my 34 years of experience as a American lawyer (1984-to date:  starting as perhaps the first Vietnamese  judicial clerk in the federal trial court, to my latest post as full-time law professor in an ABA-accredited institution,  I will say this: she is a highly talented litigator, a dynamic speaker, tough as  nails.  Hats off to her. 
For me, she represented the road NOT taken.  For  many American women, especially female lawyers, political activists, pioneer politicians, and especially women of color, she represented the ROAD TAKEN.  

No comments:

Post a Comment