Monday, September 21, 2020

"brilliant legal mind" and female SCOTUS


href="https://www.foxnews.com/politics/female-judges-come-into-spotlight-as-trump-says-hes-narrowing-his-scotus-list" rel="nofollow" https://www.foxnews.com/politics/female-judges-come-into-spotlight-as-trump-says-hes-narrowing-his-scotus-list 

 President Trump has a sense of humor. In the link, he said he was going to nominate...the female news reporter! 

 These women -- SCOTUS hopeful -- worked for placed like Sidley & Austin and Greenberg Traurig. Some of them taught in law school. All graduates of first or second tiered law schools. They are still young (in their 50s and 60s), and they are fairly...pretty! For whatever is worth: Sidley & Austin of Chicago (the law firm that produced the Obamas) was among those who recruited me in 1986. At that time Greenberg Taurgig was not yet around. In the 2000s, I taught International Business Transactions to the top graduate of DU Law, summa cum laude at the top of his graduating class and delivering the graduation speech. He accepted a position with Greenberg Traurig's international practice group. Surely he used what I taught him in that class. He remembered Professor Duong!

 At least, Vietnamese friends, you can say that your friend shared similar educational and career background with these SCOTUS hopeful.  My "hope" just went..elsewhere! (In that regard, i have to say to my high school in Vietnam, and my parents: I am sorry. I should have carried the goal for you, in the law, go all the way, and without regret! But I was the very first in a very scarce place, and I chose to place my heart elsewhere, right or wrong!


No comments:

Post a Comment