Monday, July 6, 2020

GOING BACK TO THE 1980s: LIFE AND FICTION

I came of age in America in the 1980s, graduating from law school in 1984.  After a federal clerkship, got right into federal securities law at Wilmer Cutler Washington, D.C. (now Wilmer Hale, the law firm of Special Counsel Robert Mueller), and then the SEC. 
I believe that in February of this year, President Trump pardoned junk bond king Michael Milken.  This reminds me of Pulitzer-winner non-fiction, Den of Thieves,
 by James Stewart (1992) (four  names mentioned in the book were my bosses/employers). 
What is happening right now around the country also brings me back to Tom Wolf's The Bonfire of the Vanities (1987).
I was a young lawyer based in Washington, D.C. and travelling NYC-D.C. for my law as well as artistic exploration during those years.


No comments:

Post a Comment