Friday, October 11, 2019

the best "La Plus Belle...", updated into rap in duet, in my opinion

I notice here that the singer used diphthongs in some of the "up" notes like "dau sac" in Vietnamese. I would not have done that because I tend to think it's an influence from the Vietnamese language, but this singer is not Vietnamese (her pronunciation of pure French is consistently nasal), so apparently the diphthongs have a universally sweetened effect that American singers don't produce.  French singers do.

I like this version better than Thanh Lan's version (Thanh Lan's French is extremely good in my opinion for her La Plus Belle, even if it may be uniquely...Vietnamese. It is still correct and sophisticated. Thanh Lan has the habit of pronouncing every "R" regardless of where it lies; most native French singers don't do that. But I like Thanh Lan's "R" because it adds charm to her musical speech, and it makes her French rendition unique! So long as she is understood, what difference does it make whether she sounds like...native or not ???? It is still French, sophisticated French!).


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMHCfomP2xw

No comments:

Post a Comment